I have had many requests recently from friends and fellow bloggers in the topic of how to send a TTM and I have decided to tell you how. I have been doing this for 4 years and I will tell you exactly what to do and what not to do. So lets get started.
What You Need
- You are going to need…
- One standard sized envelope
- One small envelope
- 2 stamps
- 1-3 cards of who you are sending to
- and a handwritten letter to whomever you are sending to
My number one peeve is when people ask me why they haven’t gotten any TTM successes recently and it’s normally because the letters are too long. If you are going to send someone a TTM with a three page letter they are not going to respond. These guys, (especially current players) don’t want to spend a ton of time signing fan mail so remember keep it short and sweet like this one.
What You Are Sending
As far as what you are sending, I like to stick with cards but you can do photos. I almost never send more than 3 cards. The only times you should send more is if the player signs anything and everything (Juan Gonzalez and Wade Boggs are good examples).
You are now going to need the address, I would either go to Fanmailbiz.com or SCF through the Mail manager and go to the TTM forums. You are going to address the large envelope to the player and address the small one to yourself. Stamp them both and put the small envelope inside the large one along with your letter and cards, and send it.
- Get to know your mail carrier and make them aware of what you are doing. They will treat your mail with more care than they would if they didn’t know.
- Do not under any circumstances send a card in a case or sleeve, you might end up with a very valuable card case!
- Do not send something you cant afford to lose!
- Don’t expect everything to come back some things won’t come back
- Only send money to people that ask for it you don’t want to pay someone who was going to sign anyways
That is going to wrap things up for now, if you have any questions please leave a comment of Gmail me at Giuseppe.firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope you enjoyed and good luck TTMing!